- I turned off my Mac
- I restarted my Mac on recovery mode by holding down Command and R. On windows keyboard this is Windows key and R. Hold it down until it boots in recovery mode.
- Make sure you are connected to wifi or network.
- Go to Disk Utility and run the First Aid for Macintosh HD. It may take long at checkibg catalogs so I just waited for it.
- I restarted in Internet Recovery Mode by holding down Command+Option+R. On windows keyboard this is Windows Key+Alt+R
- This will take sometime so wait for it
- Once done it will take you back to normal recovery mode.
- Select Reinstall a copy of Mac OS. It will take quite a while. This will install High Sierra
- After completing the process it will restart and do it again.
- Once done you are now in High Sierra.
Tuesday, September 26, 2017
macOS High Sierra Update stuck at Calculating Time
I was installing the latest update of macOS High Sierrra and I got stuck at Calculating time. It seems to stuck and not moving. This was what I did to recover and update to High Sierra without losing my data. I am using Mac Mini but this seems applicable to other maca as well.
So I encountered this scenario where the SSL was replaced but the site is still serving the old SSL on a site hosted on IIS 8. You keep che...
I was installing the latest update of macOS High Sierrra and I got stuck at Calculating time. It seems to stuck and not moving. This was wha...