- Avira Anti-virus Premiums - Which I'm currently using on my home laptop. It has a very good heuristics and quite fast and very "silent" that you won't even know its running.
- NOD32 -never used but heard its very good
- Kaspersky Anti-virus - heard has the top notch detection signatures but not that good heuristics.
Let's talk about my new anti-virus first. Well it's straightforward, but before anything, things that I found out about Bit Defender and Kaspersky during installation
- After uninstalling Bit-Defender, make sure you run this tool : BitDefender_Uninstall_tool.exe found at http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=f48df6dd511e016cda47dc3e2d21c7d7&showtopic=1995 . This is to make sure that every items that BitDefender requires and installed such as registry or any hidden things are removed.
- When installing Kaspersky, it will ask you to remove Comodo Firewall. But not to worry, it may warn u that comodo is incompatible but it is actually compatible. You just need to unisnstall comodo and install it back AFTER installing kaspersky.
Manage to uninstall and install the kaspersky and it is much more faster now. In-fact, when I downloaded my emails, I dont feel the slowness. I did a scan and one thing that I liked with this product is it shows vulnerability of the software installed on my machine and the fixpack required. It is not a virus but a vulnerability or exploit if the software is left unpatch. See the following screenshots :
Right-click and click on Go To Description :
Redirects you to this page :
That's cool. it means that this software can detect vulnerabilities on my machine which most Anti-virus I've come with does not. What's the good thing on this ? It helps you close holes and exploits on your installed applications such as Office, Internet Explorer etc.
Speedwise, its speedier and faster than my old Bit Defender. I have not fully explored yet but what I can say is I'm quite happy with it so far. Here are the other screenshots of the Kaspersky AV